Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Fall Thinking

In the years past I officially begin listening to Christmas music on October 1.  However, this year I broke tradition because of working on Halloween crafts for a Fall Gathering. I tried it, but for some reason painting scarecrows, ghosts, and pumpkins just didn't blend. So today as I write I am listening to Michael Buble Christmas. Call me crazy, but just as much as I am crazy about the Fall, I am over the top crazy for the Christmas season. It is a bright, sunny day today with a very cool breeze. To make it perfect would be if the sky was cloudy.....I love a cold, cloudy day. I think I need to move to Washington state. I just associate those days with the smells of cinnamon, spruce, pumpkin, caramel, sugar cookies and those wonderful scents of the holiday season.

After I complete my computer work, I will begin my Fall cleaning. I really do love to clean. My family deserves to come home to a clean, uncluttered house. There is truly no place like home and it needs to be a place you can come and retreat after being chased by the worlds surroundings. I completed the 40 day bag challenge and I would encourage anyone to do this. This is where you take one bag a day from your house, that you have either had items you could throw away, send to recycling or to Goodwill, or in my case I sent several bags to our mission in our home town. It leaves you with a great feeling. I try every time I shop to say, do I really need this.....it works. I have saved a lot of money this way and it keeps the clutter down. For everything a place....and a place for everyting.

In closing this post, I want to thank Jesus for this day and for all my blessings. I pray all prayers requested in His name will be met. Have a peaceful day........this is Jan's Way! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment