Does a writer title the page first or write the story? Did you ever think about that one? I do many times when I sit down to blog...what inspires me first? It is never the same. So just for geez, this blog is being typed before the title.
Today was my hometown homecoming in Marion. I didn't get to go today, however, I read several posts on Facebook about the disappointment of not seeing floats in the parade like in the years past. Then Debbie, this wonderful gal I know, posted some homecoming float pictures she scanned from our yearbooks, and I do have to admit, made tears come to my eyes. Great memories!!!!
Homecoming week was like the academy awards to me. The excitement of the big game and all the events leading up to that very special night. I will tell my children about these times and they look at me like......and you really did those things? LOL Yes we did....I would tell them how we made the floats and it was always a majestic Wildcat on the float claiming victory over the opponent based on a particular theme for the year. We had a bon fire, where the cheerleaders would carry a stuffed character of the opponent we were playing and we hurl the stuffed creation into the fire. To do that these days......EGADS!!! Our pep band would play through the whole activity. It was great! We had the homecoming dance and coronation, the parade and then the big football game. The Blue and Gold of Marion High is our symbol of Victory! Visualize pom pons shaking and the crowd going wild!!! It makes me wonder if my children will have great memories of their school years like I did.
I kept my pom pons for years....wish I still had them. I still have the bag I carried them in though. Down memory lane....I think we all need to go down that lane ever now and then. I hope you have fond memories of your high school homecoming....until tomorrow, this is Jan's Way..........
No comments:
Post a Comment