Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Stormy Evening Outlook - Great Day for Cleaning

I am my mother's daughter - you have heard me say this so many times.  But I am.  I have taken on so many of her traits and everyday routines - likes and dislikes.  One of them being, love to clean on cloudy days.

My domestic goddess role has taken me to my youngest son's bedroom today.  I have also been cleaning out what I call my scrapbook room and everything has been piled on top of Casey's bed.  I find this to be really effective.  You take things out of one room - purge and bring back what you are keeping. 

After 20 plus years my desire for crafting has diminished.  I just simply want to "be" and not "do" so much.  My doctor tells me he does not want me to exhaust myself.  I have recently quit my booth space at the craft store and now I am getting rid of tons of craft items.  I will continue to scrapbook, but there is so much other stuff! 

I guess this calls for a yard sale, but when would I have this?  And there is all the prep, pricing, etc......Brodie has 75 baseball games this summer and that doesn't even include Casey's.  That schedule is to come - and very soon. 

The Weather Channel has our area in a 7/10 chance for tornadoes this evening.  I remember the tornado in the 80's - don't want to go through that again!  I know it is reported this April has already broke weather records for tornado action.  Be safe out there.

What's for your dinner tonight?

Pork chops
Baked sweet potatoes
Green peas with mushrooms
Side salad
Crescent rolls
Coconut creme pie

Sounds great doesn't it?  Add it to your menu planning meals.  For me - I am on a diet, so I will have grilled chicken and broccoli.  What can I say...it's.....Jan's Way

No comments:

Post a Comment