Thursday, April 7, 2011

Spring Break Thoughts

It has been awhile since I have posted. I am caught in the Spring Break routine. We did not plan anything this year and has actually been very enjoyable not doing anything. No alarms, watching movies, spending time with the boys has just been great. We have the scheduled baseball training nights, and church, but for that it has just been whatever we wanted to do. Loving this. Because in the next few weeks baseball will totally consume our world. Both the boys are on traveling baseball teams and my youngest will play rec ball too. I am so blessed, and wouldn't miss this time in my life. I know my situation is different. I don't know of very many 52 year old women who have children still in grade school. Many days it is a challenge for me, but I pray and I pray a lot and by God's Grace I make it. I can do all things through Him that gives me the strength to do it.


I had talked about giving a full menu this week but quite obvious that did not happen. That is still on my to do list and it will happen. This will be my goal for next week. Stay tuned!


I enjoyed watching Extreme Couponing last night! I can't believe all the negative feedback the show is getting though. Feedback is that these women are hoarders - wasteful, inconsiderate of others taking that much stock off the shelf. I truly think most people are jealous of others who can save that much at the store. I have been doing this for so long that I understand the whole concept of it. It does take work to sit down and make out your menu for the week and what you need to purchase for your families meals. Then you have to check out the ads to see if any of the food items on your planned menu is on sale anywhere and if you have a coupon to help out with the expense. I love doing this........does this not sound like a Proverbs woman? "She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands. She is like the merchant ships,bringing her food from afar. She gets up while it is still night;
she provides food for her family and portions for her female servants. She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard. She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks.She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night."

Love Proverbs 31 - guide for daily living.

On another note - I wonder if the government will shut down on Friday? I certainly hope not - praying this does not happen. This affects so many people and just doesn't solve anything.

As always just thinking......Jan's Way

No comments:

Post a Comment