Tuesday, April 12, 2011

It's A New Week

I think our daily routine is getting back to where it was before Spring break.  Busy......

Monday, with all its gray skies and rain started with grocery shopping and making my usual Walgreens, and CVS stops. Saved over $50.00 with coupons and pre-made grocery list.  I love saving this money!

As promised last week I will give you a couple of weeks worth of menu's.  I would really like your feedback on this to see if this is something I should continue doing.  Are you out there??????



Monday

Enchiladas 
Spanish rice
Refried beans

Tuesday

Sloppy Joe's
Homemade french fries
Corn

Wednesdeay

 Pot roast with carrots, potatoes and onions
Dinner rolls

Thursday

Baked chicken
Chicken flavored noodles
Frozen peas

Friday

 Grilled cheese, tomato soup

Saturday

Lasagna
Salad
Garlic bread

Sunday

BBQ Pork steaks
Baked beans
Coleslaw

Monday

Steak
Baked potato
Salad




Tuesday


 Pork chops
 Macaroni salad
 Frozen peas

Wednesday

Hamburgers
Tater tots
Corn on the cob
Tomato slices

Thursday

Spaghetti with meatballs
Garlic cheese bread

Friday

Fish sticks
Corn bread
Cheesy potatoes

Saturday

Go out to eat!!!

Sunday

Fried chicken
Mashed potatoes
White gravy
Fresh green beans
Favorite pie

There you have it - two weeks worth of meals.  You can low-fat all of these menus if you need to do that too.

Now to simplify your grocery shopping go through your menu and write down everything you need to prepare these meals.  This will keep your grocery bill down and will eliminate a lot of extra trips to the grocery store.  With gas as high as it is now we need to make our shopping trips count.

It is already 11:00 p.m.  I just can't seem to get to bed early anymore.  I am finding that I have a lot of energy this time of night and I have no idea where it is coming from.  I am really excited about tomorrow because I have a chance to stay at home and get a lot of "to do's" crossed off my list.  I want to get the inside list complete so I can spend some quality time with the family this summer.  Which I might add is just around the corner.  Only 8 more weeks of school left!  One large project a week and maybe I can be done!  My mom makes a list everyday of what she wants to do - she has done this for years.  I am my mother's daughter, so I have become very fond of the list making process.  It helps because it is so satisfying to cross it off when it is done.  Project this week is getting the front porch - sitting ready.  My hair stylist suggested I paint my wicker furniture red.  I recently painted my front door navy blue and purchased some new pads for the furniture in navy blue and cream colored designed.  I think this combination is really going to be beautiful.  I am going to do the red geraniums with the spike flowers in pots for the front porch.  My front door wreath will be made with red, yellow and white flowers.  I am looking for a used red wagon too.  If you know where I can find one give me a shout out.  Until tomorrow..............God's Peace be with you!  I am finally tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment