In one of my early blogs I reported I wanted to slow down this year. I have titled this blog, "Be Careful for What You Wish For," because by slowing down my entire family has been hit with this crazy flu thing and it has in every since of the words....slowed us down!
This over the top busy household has not really been normal since the first day of Christmas break. We went from having parties, basketball games, family gatherings, Christmas day, tons of snow, cabin fever, more basketball games, practices, homework, flu fever. I love my home and being with family, but this momma is truly ready for some fun! ( As I am sure my family members are too)
But I need to use my Country Porch gift certificate I got for Christmas. I need to shop for junk and get a Route 44 Coke with extra ice from Sonic. I need to visit my junk stores, and dream, create, shop...I need the first smell of the antiques store when you walk into them.....I need to see homespun fabric.....I need a junkers lunch!
I have met the need to slow down and now I am ready to take it to the next level! There is so much in the saying....."when you have your health...you have everything." I am going to remind myself of this strange and unusual January and give thanks to the time when we can get up and go! And when slowing down means, just sitting and talking with your family with a nice meal and a great cup coffee afterwards.
Jan's Way..............
No comments:
Post a Comment