I am constantly trying to save on my grocery bill. Aren't we all? One of the things I do is to make a list of the meals I want to prepare and then base my grocery list off of it. It seems to be working out very well. Here is an example of what I do:
Wednesday
Meatloaf
Green beans
Mashed potatoes
Biscuits
Shop for: Potatoes, ground beef, onions, green pepper, barbeque sauce, canned or fresh green beans, package of Grands Biscuits ( and anything else you need to prepare this meal). Special note: Buy extra potatoes for Thursday nights meal.
Just buy what you need for the meal and any extras for another meal if it works for that weeks menu. It really comes together when you buy a product you can use for two or three meals and always if you can use your coupons for the purchases you make. Never use a coupon just because you have a coupon. What did you save if you use a coupon for a product you are not familiar with and it sits on your shelf forever? Nothing.
Shop smart!
No comments:
Post a Comment